Vegan Black Pepper Tofu proposes an irresistible peppery and sweet taste. It has very simple instructions to follow. It is a plant-based and a classic meal. Vegan Black Pepper tofu has the best combo of stir-fried veggies and tasty sauces. It is the best weekend meal to enjoy at a family gathering. You can season it with different spices as per your taste. Here is the complete guide to make this recipe.
- Pressed tofu 400g
- Tamari or soy sauce 2 tbsp.
- Cornflour or cornstarch
- Cooking oil 4 tbsp.
For the black pepper sauce:
- thinly sliced spring onions 4
- Chilli pepper or chilli flakes
- Minced ginger 5 tsp.
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Cornstarch 3 tsp.
- Black pepper
- Dark brown sugar 2 tbsp.
- Rice wine vinegar 5 tsp.
- Soy sauce 4 tbsp.
- Slice the tofu into identical squares.
- Pour the required quantity of soy sauce or the tamari over the tofu and stir them properly.
- Take a bowl and add the cornflour to it. Dust the tofu with a thin layer of it.
- Take a pan and add 3 tbsp of cooking oil to it.
- Warm the oil, and fry the tofu in it. Stir it between and make sure that the tofu is not burning.
- Fry the tofu until golden brown, terminate it from the oil, and put it onto the paper towel to empty the leftover oil.
- You can also bake it in the oven by putting it into the baking tray at a temperature of 360 degrees. bake it for almost half an hour.
- Take another bowl, and mix the tamari, vinegar, maple syrup, and water.
- Take another bowl, and make a cornflower slurry by mixing cornflower into water. It will help to thicken the sauce.
- Grab a clean pan and add some cooking oil to it, add the white part of the green onion and the crushed chili into it.
- Fry them gently until the onion becomes tender.
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic and cook them for a few minutes. Stir them in between. (Do not burn).
- Add the slurry into the pan boil it and then mix everything.
- Put the pepper over it as per your taste.
- You can serve it now.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can we keep the leftovers?
- Yes, you can store this delicious meal for 2 days in a cool place.
Can we use other vegetables?
- yes, you can use any other vegetable.