Indulge in the irresistible pleasure of Vegan Brownies Recipe, a delectable dessert that proves you don’t need dairy or eggs to achieve the perfect fudgy and chocolatey treat. These Vegan Brownies are a delightful twist on the classic favorite, offering a rich cocoa flavor and a moist texture that will satisfy your sweet cravings. Whether you’re a dedicated vegan or simply looking to explore plant-based baking, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire.
Vegan Brownies Recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, granulated sugar, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Be cautious not to overbake, as you want the brownies to be fudgy.
- Once baked, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes.
- Use the parchment paper overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts (per brownie, based on 16 servings):
- Calories: ~150
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 1g