Experience the vibrant and robust flavors of Mexican cuisine with a plant-based twist in our Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bowl recipe. This dish combines the richness of quinoa with a colorful array of vegetables, zesty spices, and creamy avocado to create a nourishing and satisfying meal. Whether you’re seeking a wholesome lunch or a hearty dinner, this recipe offers a delightful way to explore the vibrant tastes of Mexico while embracing a vegan lifestyle.
Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bowl Recipe:
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Bowl:
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained (canned or cooked from dry)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- ONE cup diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed quinoa, vegetable broth or water, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, diced tomatoes, diced red bell pepper, finely chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the quinoa mixture and gently toss everything together to combine.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture into bowls. Top each bowl with sliced avocado for creaminess and extra flavor.
- Servings: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the quinoa bowl
- Calories: ~350
- Total Fat: ~11g
- Saturated Fat: ~1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: ~400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~54g
- Dietary Fiber: ~11g
- Sugars: ~5g
- Protein: ~11g