Vegan Protein Bars Recipe are a convenient and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed on the go or as a post-workout boost. These homemade bars are packed with plant-based protein sources, such as nuts, seeds, and protein powder, providing you with a wholesome and energizing treat. By making your own vegan protein bars, you have control over the ingredients and can customize them to suit your taste preferences. Here’s a complete recipe for vegan protein bars, including nutrition facts and servings:
Vegan Protein Bars Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut or seed butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup plant-based protein powder (such as pea protein, soy protein, or hemp protein)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or cashews)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or dates)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond butter, maple syrup (or agave nectar), plant-based protein powder, chopped nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds (or flaxseeds), cocoa powder (if using), vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Line a square or rectangular baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish. Use a spatula or your hands to press it firmly and evenly into the dish.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator and let the mixture set for at least 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Once the mixture has set, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and lift the parchment paper to easily remove the solidified mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a cutting board and slice it into bars of your desired size and shape.
- Store the vegan protein bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Alternatively, you can individually wrap the bars and freeze them for longer shelf life.
Nutrition Facts and Servings:
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 10g