Dive into the luscious world of vegan-friendly indulgence with this Maple Walnut Ice Cream. Immerse yourself in the rich, creamy goodness of this frozen treat, where the warm notes of maple perfectly complement the crunch of toasted walnuts. This dessert is not only a delicious homage to traditional flavors but also a guilt-free delight for those on a Vegan journey. Let’s embark on a culinary adventure that combines sweet, nutty, and creamy elements in every spoonful.
Recipe: Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol (or any keto-friendly sweetener)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving – Makes approximately 8 servings):
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 4g
This recipe yields approximately 8 servings.
1. Toast the Walnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until they become golden and fragrant. Be sure to watch them closely to prevent burning.
2. Prepare the Ice Cream Base:
- In a saucepan, combine the heavy cream and almond milk. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it reaches a gentle simmer. Do not boil.
3. Whisk the Egg Yolks:(optional)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and erythritol until well combined.
4. Temper the Eggs:(optional)
- Slowly pour a small amount of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while continuously whisking to temper the eggs. Gradually add more hot cream until the egg mixture is warmed.
5. Combine and Cook:
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it boil.
6. Add Flavors:
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the sugar-free maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Allow the ice cream base to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight.
8. Churn the Ice Cream:
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Add Walnuts:
- During the last few minutes of churning, add the toasted walnuts.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
11. Serve and Enjoy:
- Scoop out this delightful Maple Walnut Ice Cream and savor the perfect blend of sweetness and crunch.