Vegan Instant Pot Potato Curry is a comforting and aromatic dish that brings together the earthy goodness of potatoes with a blend of fragrant spices. This dish is both nourishing and satisfying, making it a perfect choice for a wholesome vegan meal. The Instant Pot streamlines the cooking process, allowing the flavors to meld together beautifully while keeping the potatoes tender. Whether you’re new to vegan cuisine or a seasoned plant-based eater, this Instant Pot Potato Curry is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Vegan Instant Pot Potato Curry
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- ONE cup chopped bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ONE cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ONE teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté mode. Add a splash of water, and once it’s hot, add the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric powder, and chili powder. Cook for another minute to toast the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they soften.
- Cancel the sauté mode. Add the cubed potatoes, chopped bell peppers, chopped carrots, and drained chickpeas to the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and set it to the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” mode. Cook on high pressure for about 8 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before carefully performing a quick release.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and stir the curry. If the consistency is too thick, you can add more vegetable broth or water to reach your desired thickness.
- Season the curry with salt, pepper, and lime juice. Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Serve the Vegan Instant Pot Potato Curry hot, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves. This curry pairs perfectly with rice, quinoa, or your favorite bread.
(assuming 1/4 of the recipe, excluding rice or other accompaniments):
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Total Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 9g