Whether you’re a vegan, looking for a healthier alternative, or just craving a delicious and hearty dish, this Recipe For Vegan Potato Salad is the perfect choice! Packed with flavors, textures, and plant-based goodness, this recipe offers a delightful twist on the classic potato salad. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Vegan Potato Salad Recipe: Servings: 6-8
For the Salad:
- 2 pounds (about 900g) baby potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Potatoes:
- Place the quartered baby potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not mushy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool slightly.
Prepare the Dressing:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, agave syrup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, chopped celery, diced red onion, chopped dill pickles, and chopped fresh parsley.
Add the Dressing:
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
Chill and Serve:
- Refrigerate the potato salad for at least 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Give it a final toss before serving to make sure the dressing is distributed evenly.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, based on 6 servings):
- Calories: ~250
- Total Fat: ~15g
- Saturated Fat: ~2g
- Carbohydrates: ~25g
- Fiber: ~3g
- Sugars: ~5g
- Protein: ~2g
- Sodium: ~400mg