Sweet Potato Vegan Recipe are not only incredibly delicious but also packed with essential nutrients, making them a fantastic addition to a vegan diet. This recipe celebrates the natural sweetness and vibrant colors of sweet potatoes, showcasing their versatility in a delightful vegan dish. Whether you’re looking for a hearty side dish or a satisfying main course, this recipe delivers a mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures. Embrace the nourishing qualities of sweet potatoes with this vegan recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Optional toppings: fresh parsley or cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds, vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes, olive oil, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the sweet potatoes with the spices and oil.
- Spread the seasoned sweet potato cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and lightly caramelized. Stir or flip the sweet potato cubes once or twice during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Garnish the sweet potatoes with fresh parsley or cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds, or a dollop of vegan sour cream, if desired.
- Serve the sweet potatoes as a side dish alongside your favorite vegan entrees or enjoy them as a satisfying main course.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (approximate values):
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 2g
Note: The nutrition facts are calculated based on the ingredients mentioned in the recipe. The values may vary depending on the specific brands or variations of ingredients used.