Celebrate the vibrant colors and wholesome flavors of fresh bell peppers with this delightful Vegan Stuffed Pepper Recipe. Packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with savory goodness, these stuffed peppers make for a satisfying and nourishing meal. The combination of protein-rich plant-based fillings, aromatic herbs and spices, and tender peppers creates a dish that is both visually appealing and delicious. Whether you’re a vegan looking for a new recipe or simply seeking a healthy and flavorful option, these stuffed peppers are sure to impress. Get ready to enjoy a delightful symphony of tastes and textures with this plant-powered delight.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 large bell peppers (any color), tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, vegan cheese, salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn kernels, diced tomatoes, diced onion, minced garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa and bean mixture, packing it tightly.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish, standing upright. If needed, you can cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pepper to help them stand more securely.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the tops of the peppers are slightly browned.
- Once cooked, remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the vegan stuffed peppers as a satisfying main course, garnishing with chopped fresh cilantro, vegan cheese, or salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (approximate values):
- Calories: 254
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 515mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 52g
- Dietary Fiber: 13g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 11g