Embrace the explosion of flavors and textures with this delightful Vegan Burrito Recipe. Bursting with wholesome ingredients and a delectable combination of spices, this plant-based version of a classic burrito will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body nourished. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or looking to explore new culinary horizons, this vegan burrito is the perfect choice for a hearty and satisfying meal. Packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients, this recipe is sure to become a favorite go-to option for a nourishing and delicious lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 burritos
For the Burrito Filling:
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (mixed colors)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice, for extra flavor
For Assembling the Burritos:
- 4 large whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- Vegan sour cream or cashew cream (optional)
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Salsa or hot sauce
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the diced red onion and sauté for another 2 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes, and cooked corn kernels. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the cooked brown rice or quinoa and the black beans to the skillet. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Season the filling with ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to evenly distribute the spices.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the burrito filling to add a burst of flavor. Adjust the seasoning to taste if needed.
- Warm the tortillas slightly to make them pliable. You can heat them in a dry skillet for a few seconds on each side or microwave them for a few seconds.
- Divide the burrito filling equally among the four tortillas, placing it in the center of each tortilla.
- To wrap the burrito, fold in the sides and then roll it up tightly from the bottom.
- Serve the vegan burritos with optional toppings like vegan sour cream or cashew cream, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro leaves, and your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 burrito, approximate values):
- Calories: 380
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 62g
- Dietary Fiber: 14g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 13g