Satisfy your cravings for a classic chicken sandwich with a vegan twist using this delicious Vegan Chicken Sandwich recipe. Made with plant-based ingredients, this sandwich features a flavorful and crispy vegan chicken alternative that’s perfect for those following a vegan lifestyle or looking to reduce their meat consumption. With a combination of savory seasonings and a variety of toppings, this vegan chicken sandwich will leave you wanting more. Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating this mouthwatering sandwich.
Servings: This recipe makes approximately 2 servings.
For the vegan chicken:
- 2 vegan chicken patties (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the sandwich:
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (gluten-free if desired)
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients: soy sauce or tamari, maple syrup or agave nectar, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
- Place the vegan chicken patties in a shallow dish or a resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the patties, ensuring they are well coated. Allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate them for a few hours to enhance the flavor.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the marinated vegan chicken patties and cook them according to the package instructions or until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides. Set aside.
- Toast the slices of bread until they reach your desired level of crispness.
- Spread vegan mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice.
- Layer the lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, and pickles on one slice of bread.
- Place the cooked vegan chicken patties on top of the vegetable layers.
- Top with the second slice of bread, mayo-side down, to form the sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.