Indulge in the pure decadence of a Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe, a dessert that proves that you don’t need dairy or eggs to create a moist, rich, and utterly satisfying cake. This recipe reimagines the classic chocolate cake with plant-based ingredients, resulting in a heavenly treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a dedicated vegan or simply exploring dairy-free baking, this Vegan Chocolate Cake is a delightful way to experience the timeless joy of chocolate cake without compromising your dietary choices.
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe:
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until the batter is smooth and well mixed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then, gently remove the cakes from the pans and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Chocolate Ganache Frosting, heat the full-fat coconut milk in a saucepan until it’s just about to simmer. Remove from heat and pour over the dairy-free chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Let it sit for a minute, then gently whisk until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth. Add maple syrup or agave syrup if desired.
- Allow the chocolate ganache to cool and thicken slightly.
- Once the cakes are completely cooled, spread a layer of chocolate ganache between the two cake layers. Then, use the remaining ganache to frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Let the cake sit for a while to allow the ganache to set before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts (per slice, based on 12 slices):
- Calories: ~300
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 3g