Vegan Coffee Creamer Recipe is a creamy and dairy-free alternative to traditional coffee creamers, allowing you to enjoy your morning cup of joe without any animal products. Whether you’re lactose intolerant, following a vegan diet, or simply looking for a healthier option, this homemade vegan coffee creamer is a versatile and delicious choice. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Vegan Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Start by soaking the raw cashews in hot water for about 15 minutes. This will soften them and make them easier to blend.
- After soaking, drain and rinse the cashews thoroughly.
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup or agave nectar, pure vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend on high speed until all the ingredients are well combined, and the mixture is smooth and creamy. This might take about 1-2 minutes, depending on your blender’s power.
- Taste the creamer and adjust the sweetness if necessary by adding more maple syrup or agave nectar. Blend again briefly to incorporate.
- Transfer the vegan coffee creamer to a clean, airtight container or a glass bottle.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to one week. Be sure to shake or stir the creamer before each use, as natural separation may occur.
(assuming 1/4 cup per serving):
- Calories: 45
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 1g