Mango Gelato. Juicy mangoes in a creamy and dairy-free treat. This gelato is made without dairy or eggs, making it suitable for a vegan lifestyle. With its vibrant color and intense mango flavor, this guilt-free indulgence is perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings on a warm day. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Recipe: Vegan Mango Gelato
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the diced mangoes on a baking sheet and freeze them until they are firm, for about 2-3 hours.
- Once the mango chunks are frozen, transfer them to a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut cream, maple syrup or agave nectar, lemon juice, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract (if using) to the blender.
- Blend the mixture on high speed until it becomes smooth and creamy. You might need to pause and scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness if necessary by adding more maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Once the mixture is well blended and sweetened to your liking, transfer it to a freezer-safe container.
- Cover the container and place it in the freezer for about 4-6 hours, or until the gelato is firm.
- Every hour during the freezing process, take the container out and give the gelato a good stir to prevent ice crystals from forming and to ensure a creamy texture.
- When the Vegan Mango Gelato is completely frozen and has reached the desired consistency, scoop it into bowls or cones and serve immediately.
(assuming 1/4 of the recipe):
- Calories: 130
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 4mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 1g