Vegan Miso Ramen Recipe is a flavorful and comforting Japanese noodle soup that’s entirely plant-based. This hearty dish features umami-rich miso paste, a savory broth, and a variety of vegetables and toppings. Whether you’re a vegan or just looking for a delicious and wholesome soup, this recipe will satisfy your cravings. Let’s dive into the recipe:
Recipe: Vegan Miso Ramen
For the Broth:
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (white or red, depending on your preference)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (adjust to your preferred spice level)
For the Ramen:
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) of your choice of ramen noodles (ensure they’re vegan-friendly)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced bok choy or spinach
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sliced tofu or tempeh (optional)
- Nori seaweed sheets for garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the Broth:
- In a large pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and grated ginger. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring it to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste and a few tablespoons of hot broth to create a smooth miso mixture. This helps prevent clumps when adding it to the soup.
- Stir the miso mixture into the simmering broth. Be careful not to boil the miso, as it can become bitter.
- Add soy sauce (or tamari) and chili paste. Adjust the spice level to your liking.
2. Cook the Ramen Noodles:
- While the broth is simmering, cook the ramen noodles separately according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Prepare the Toppings:
- In a separate pan, sauté the shiitake mushrooms, carrots, and tofu or tempeh (if using) until they are tender and slightly browned.
- Blanch the bok choy or spinach in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes until wilted. Drain and set aside.
4. Assemble the Ramen:
- Divide the cooked ramen noodles among serving bowls.
- Ladle the miso broth over the noodles.
- Arrange the sautéed vegetables, blanched bok choy or spinach, green onions, and corn on top of the noodles.
- Garnish with nori seaweed sheets and sesame seeds if desired.
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1,250mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 62g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 12g