Vegan One-Pot Pasta Primavera is a vibrant and hearty dish that brings together the best of fresh spring and summer vegetables in a single pot. This recipe showcases a medley of colorful vegetables combined with flavorful pasta, all cooked together in a savory vegan broth. The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity – just one pot, minimal effort, and a burst of wholesome flavors. Perfect for busy weeknights or any time you’re craving a nourishing and satisfying meal. Let’s delve into the recipe!
Recipe: Vegan One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) whole wheat or gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ONE cup sliced bell peppers (assorted colors)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- ONE small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for heat)
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large pot, combine the pasta, cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, sliced bell peppers, zucchini, baby spinach or kale, red onion, and minced garlic.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and unsweetened almond milk. The liquid should cover the ingredients by about an inch.
- Add the nutritional yeast, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. If you like a bit of heat, you can also add red pepper flakes at this stage.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer, uncovered, for about 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking and to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Keep simmering until the pasta is cooked al dente and the vegetables are tender.
- Taste the dish and adjust the seasoning if necessary, adding more salt, pepper, or herbs as desired.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, remove the pot from the heat.
- Serve the Vegan One-Pot Pasta Primavera hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
(assuming 1/4 of the recipe):
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 880mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 63g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Total Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 12g