Vegan No Bake Carrot Cake is a delightful and healthy dessert that’s perfect for those who prefer no-bake, plant-based treats. It’s not only delicious but also a great way to enjoy the classic flavors of carrot cake without the need for an oven. This recipe combines the natural sweetness of carrots with warm spices and a luscious, dairy-free cream cheese frosting. Here’s how to make it.
Recipe: Vegan No Bake Carrot Cake
For the Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours, then drained)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving – Makes approximately 8 servings):
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 6g
This recipe makes approximately 8 servings.
1. Prepare the Carrot Cake:
- In a food processor, combine the rolled oats, pitted dates, shredded coconut, spices, and a pinch of salt. Continue pulsing the mixture until it reaches a crumbly consistency and exhibits cohesion when compressed.
- Add the grated carrots, chopped nuts, and raisins to the food processor. Continue pulsing the ingredients until they are thoroughly blended and the mixture becomes a cohesive consistency.
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- Transfer the carrot cake mixture to the prepared pan. Press it down firmly and evenly to form the base of your cake.
2. Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- The soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice should be combined in a high-speed blender.
- Continue blending the mixture until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. It may be necessary to scrape the inner walls of the blender and blend the mixture once more in order to achieve a homogeneous texture.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness or lemon flavor, if needed.
3. Assemble the Cake:
- Spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the carrot cake base.
- It is recommended to place the cake in a refrigerated environment for a minimum duration of 2 hours in order to facilitate the process of solidification.
- Once set, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the cake out of the pan.
- Slice it into squares or bars, and it’s ready to be enjoyed.