Experience the perfect union of wholesome goodness and vibrant flavors with our Vegan Blueberry Oat Muffins. These delectable treats are a testament to the magic of plant-based baking, combining the natural sweetness of blueberries with the hearty texture of oats. Whether you’re starting your day with a nutritious breakfast or enjoying a delightful snack, these muffins are a delightful way to incorporate nourishing ingredients into your diet. Bursting with juicy blueberries and the comforting essence of oats, these Vegan Blueberry Oat Muffins are a true reflection of the joys of vegan baking.
Vegan Blueberry Oat Muffins Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any preferred plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or your preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the rolled oats and almond milk. Add the apple cider vinegar and mix well. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes to allow the oats to soften.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, being careful not to crush them.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Servings: Makes about 12 muffins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: ~180
- Total Fat: ~8g
- Saturated Fat: ~6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: ~120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~25g
- Dietary Fiber: ~2g
- Sugars: ~9g
- Protein: ~2g