Indulge your sweet cravings guilt-free with our Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream. This luscious treat combines the natural creaminess of ripe bananas with the decadence of rich cocoa, creating a delightful frozen dessert that’s entirely plant-based. Say goodbye to dairy and added sugars as you savor each spoonful of this creamy concoction. With just a few simple ingredients and a blender, you’ll be on your way to creating a delectable vegan ice cream that’s not only delicious but also nourishing. Whether enjoyed on a hot summer day or as a satisfying dessert year-round, this Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is a testament to the magic of wholesome ingredients.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts)
- Fresh berries
- Coconut flakes
- Start by freezing the ripe banana slices. Ensure they are sliced into small pieces for easier blending.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the frozen banana slices, unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup or agave nectar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Blend the mixture on high until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender occasionally to ensure even blending.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness if needed by adding more maple syrup or agave nectar. Blend again to combine.
- Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, it should resemble the texture of traditional ice cream.
- If you prefer a soft-serve consistency, you can serve the ice cream immediately. For a firmer texture, transfer the mixture to a lidded container and place it in the freezer for about 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Scoop into bowls or cones.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, fresh berries, or coconut flakes.
- Servings: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: ~150
- Total Fat: ~1g
- Saturated Fat: ~0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: ~1mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~37g
- Dietary Fiber: ~4g
- Sugars: ~21g
- Protein: ~2g