Vegan Coconut Truffles are a delightful treat that’s not only delicious but also guilt-free. Made without dairy or any animal products, these truffles are perfect for vegans and anyone looking for a sweet and coconutty indulgence. They’re incredibly easy to make and require minimal ingredients. Let’s dive into this simple, scrumptious recipe.
Recipe: Vegan Coconut Truffles
For the Truffles:
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For Coating (Optional):
- Vegan dark chocolate (dairy-free)
- Additional shredded coconut
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving – Makes approximately 12 truffles):
- Calories: 160
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 1g
This recipe makes approximately 12 Vegan Coconut Truffles.
1. Prepare the Truffle Mixture:
- In a bowl, combine the shredded unsweetened coconut, melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
2. Form the Truffles:
- Scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into 1-inch truffle balls. You can adjust the size according to your preference.
3. Optional Chocolate Coating:
- If you want to add a chocolate coating, melt vegan dark chocolate in a microwave or on the stovetop using a double boiler. Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off.
4. Optional Coconut Coating:
- After dipping in chocolate, you can roll the truffles in additional shredded coconut to add an extra layer of coconut flavor and texture.
- Place the truffles on a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes, or until they are firm.
6. Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the truffles are set, they are ready to be served. Enjoy your Vegan Coconut Truffles as a delightful dessert or a sweet treat at any time of the day.