Discover the luscious and creamy goodness of homemade Vegan Greek Yogurt Recipe , a delightful plant-based alternative to traditional dairy yogurt. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to create a smooth and tangy vegan yogurt that rivals its dairy counterpart in texture and taste. Made with simple and wholesome ingredients, this vegan Greek yogurt is perfect for those with dairy sensitivities or anyone embracing a plant-based lifestyle. Enjoy it as a versatile breakfast option, a delicious topping for smoothie bowls, or as a base for savory and sweet dishes. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll savor the satisfaction of making your own dairy-free Greek yogurt right in the comfort of your kitchen.
Servings: Makes approximately 4 cups of yogurt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours or overnight
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews thoroughly.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, filtered water, lemon juice, maple syrup or agave nectar, vanilla extract (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy, resembling the consistency of dairy yogurt.
- Taste the yogurt and adjust the sweetness or tanginess to your preference by adding more maple syrup or lemon juice if needed.
- Once the desired taste and texture are achieved, transfer the yogurt mixture to a large glass container or airtight jar.
- Cover the container with a clean cloth or lid and let the yogurt sit at room temperature for about 12-24 hours. This will allow the mixture to ferment and develop a tangy flavor similar to Greek yogurt.
- After the fermentation process, refrigerate the vegan Greek yogurt for at least 2-3 hours before serving. The chilling time will help the yogurt thicken further.
- Serve the vegan Greek yogurt chilled and enjoy it with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruits, granola, nuts, or honey alternatives.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1/2 cup, approximate values):
- Calories: 236
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 6g