If you’re looking for a delicious and wholesome vegan breakfast option, look no further than this Vegan Oatmeal Bake Recipe! Packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavors, this hearty oatmeal bake is perfect for a cozy morning or even as a delightful dessert. It’s easy to make and can be customized with your favorite fruits and nuts. Plus, it’s entirely plant-based, making it suitable for vegans and those looking for a healthier breakfast alternative. Let’s dive into the recipe!
Vegan Oatmeal Bake Recipe:
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (e.g., walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (e.g., raisins, cranberries, apricots), chopped if large
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh fruits (e.g., berries, sliced bananas) for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, and dried fruits. Mix well to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth. Add the almond milk, maple syrup or agave nectar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Stir until the wet ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the oatmeal mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Optional: Top the oatmeal bake with fresh fruits like berries or sliced bananas to add extra sweetness and freshness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are slightly crispy.
- Once baked, remove the oatmeal bake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, assuming 6 servings):
- Calories: ~280 kcal
- Total Fat: ~8g
- Saturated Fat: ~1g
- Carbohydrates: ~45g
- Fiber: ~6g
- Sugars: ~15g
- Protein: ~6g
- Sodium: ~75mg