Embark on a culinary journey to the tropics with our Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice. This vibrant and flavorful dish fuses the sweetness of juicy pineapple with the savory notes of vegetables, aromatic spices, and plant-based protein. The result is a colorful and satisfying meal that not only tantalizes your taste buds but also provides a delightful dose of nutrients. Whether you’re seeking a quick weeknight dinner or aiming to impress your guests with a delightful fusion of flavors, this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice is a testament to the versatility and deliciousness of plant-based cuisine.
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe:
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (preferably chilled)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
- 1/2 cup diced tofu or tempeh (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (such as sesame or coconut oil)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- If you’re using tofu or tempeh, start by marinating them in a mixture of soy sauce and a pinch of turmeric for flavor and color. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated tofu or tempeh to the skillet and cook until golden and slightly crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Push the onion and garlic to one side of the skillet and add the cooked rice to the other side. Allow the rice to heat up and lightly toast for a few minutes.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and pineapple chunks. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric powder, soy sauce or tamari, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together to evenly distribute the flavors and colors.
- Gently fold in the cooked tofu or tempeh, if using.
- Taste the fried rice and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Once everything is well combined and heated through, remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice in bowls, garnished with chopped green onions, cilantro, and lime wedges for an extra burst of flavor.
- Servings: 3 servings
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: ~330
- Total Fat: ~6g
- Saturated Fat: ~1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: ~650mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~62g
- Dietary Fiber: ~5g
- Sugars: ~15g
- Protein: ~8g