Craving a flavorful and satisfying appetizer or snack without the guilt? Look no further than this mouthwatering Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe. Inspired by the classic buffalo wings, this plant-based version replaces meat with tender cauliflower florets, offering the same bold and zesty flavors without any animal products. The combination of crispy cauliflower and spicy buffalo sauce creates a tantalizing dish that’s perfect for parties, game days, or simply as a delicious treat for yourself. Get ready to indulge in a cruelty-free and finger-licking delight that’s sure to impress everyone, vegans and non-vegans alike!
Servings: Makes approximately 4 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour for a GF version)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce (use a vegan brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, unsweetened almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Whisk the ingredients together until you have a smooth and thick batter.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter, ensuring it is fully coated.
- Place the coated cauliflower florets onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch each other.
- Bake the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the florets are golden and crispy. You can flip the florets halfway through the baking time for even browning.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a separate bowl, mix the buffalo hot sauce with the melted vegan butter until well combined.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, transfer the florets to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the buffalo sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and toss gently until each floret is evenly coated with the spicy sauce.
- Return the coated cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into the cauliflower.
- Remove the vegan buffalo cauliflower from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (approximate values):
- Calories: 216
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1710mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 5g