Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that captures all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers without the meat. This plant-based version is packed with colorful bell peppers, tomatoes, rice, and aromatic seasonings. Here’s the full recipe, including nutrition facts and servings.
Recipe: Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 cup white or brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers (red, green, or yellow), diced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
Nutrition Facts (Approximate values per serving – Makes about 6 servings):
- Calories: 245
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings.
1. Cook the Rice:
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions. Set it aside.
2. Sauté the Aromatics:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3. Add Peppers:
- Stir in the diced bell peppers and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
4. Add Tomatoes and Seasonings:
- Add the canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, dried basil, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld and the peppers to become tender.
6. Add Cooked Rice:
- Once the peppers are tender, stir in the cooked rice. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to heat the rice through.
- Ladle the Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup into bowls.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired.