Indulge in a luscious and creamy dessert with this Vegan Cheesecake Recipe Cashew. Made with a smooth cashew-based filling and a delicious crust, this dairy-free and egg-free cheesecake is a delightful treat for vegans and non-vegans alike. With its rich flavors and silky texture, this vegan cheesecake will satisfy your sweet tooth while providing a healthier alternative to traditional cheesecakes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating this delectable vegan dessert.
Servings: This recipe makes approximately 8 servings.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups vegan graham cracker crumbs (or any vegan cookie crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight or soaked in boiling water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Fresh berries or your choice of fruit (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, combine the vegan graham cracker crumbs and melted vegan butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, creating a firm and compact crust layer.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes slightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Drain the soaked cashews and rinse them thoroughly.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup or agave nectar, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the cashew filling over the cooled crust in the springform pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Tap the pan gently on the countertop to remove any air bubbles and smooth the surface of the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator and allow it to chill for at least 4-6 hours, or preferably overnight, to set.
- Once the cheesecake has set, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Prior to serving, you can decorate the top of the cheesecake with fresh berries or your choice of fruit, if desired.
- Slice the cheesecake into individual servings and enjoy its creamy and velvety texture.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 474
- Total Fat: 37.9g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7g
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 10.1g