Vegan Peanut Satay Ramen Recipe is a delectable, plant-based twist on the classic ramen dish. This recipe combines silky ramen noodles with a rich and creamy peanut satay sauce, along with a medley of fresh vegetables and tofu for added texture and flavor. It’s a delightful and wholesome dish that’s perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. Let’s dive into the recipe:
Recipe: Vegan Peanut Satay Ramen
For the Peanut Satay Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari (for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/4 cup water (adjust for desired consistency)
For the Ramen:
- 8 oz (about 2 servings) ramen noodles (use gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 cups firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds and fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Prepare the Peanut Satay Sauce:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the creamy peanut butter, soy sauce or tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup or agave nectar, sesame oil, lime juice, minced garlic, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Gradually add water to the sauce to reach your desired consistency. Set the sauce aside.
2. Cook the Ramen Noodles:
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
3. Prepare the Tofu:
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed tofu and cook until it’s crispy and golden on all sides. This takes about 8-10 minutes. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside.
4. Sauté the Vegetables:
- In the same skillet, add the sliced red bell pepper, broccoli florets, and julienned carrot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
5. Combine and Serve:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked ramen noodles, sautéed vegetables, and crispy tofu.
- Pour the prepared peanut satay sauce over the noodle and vegetable mixture. Toss everything together until it’s well coated with the sauce.
- Garnish your Vegan Peanut Satay Ramen with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro.
- Calories: 600
- Total Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 30g