Vegan Sugar Cookies Recipe are a delightful and classic treat that can be enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike. These cookies are soft, buttery, and perfectly sweet, making them a wonderful addition to holiday celebrations, special occasions, or simply as a sweet indulgence. By using plant-based ingredients in place of eggs and dairy, you can create delicious sugar cookies that align with a vegan lifestyle. Here’s a complete recipe for vegan sugar cookies, including nutrition facts and servings:
Vegan Sugar Cookies Recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Sprinkles or colored sugar for decoration
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. This can be done using an electric mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Add the unsweetened applesauce and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms. If the dough seems too sticky, add a little more flour, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches a workable consistency.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the dough to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes, and transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie.
- If desired, decorate the cookies with sprinkles or colored sugar by gently pressing them into the surface of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, the cookies are ready to be enjoyed! They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
Nutrition Facts and Servings:
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 1g