Indulge in the luscious and classic flavors of Tiramisu with a compassionate twist in this Tiramisu Recipe Vegan. Traditionally made with mascarpone cheese and eggs, this plant-based version retains all the creamy richness and coffee-soaked goodness while avoiding animal products. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful dessert that’s not only ethically conscious but also a true celebration of flavors and textures.
Vegan Tiramisu Recipe: Servings: 6-8
For the Coffee Soaking Syrup:
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sweetener of your choice
For the Cashew Cream Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- About 24-30 vegan ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
Prepare the Coffee Soaking Syrup:
- In a bowl, combine the brewed coffee, coffee liqueur (if using), and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
Make the Cashew Cream:
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup or agave nectar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed, add a splash of plant-based milk to achieve the desired consistency.
Assemble the Tiramisu:
- Dip each vegan ladyfinger cookie into the coffee soaking syrup for a few seconds on each side. Arrange a layer of soaked cookies in the bottom of a serving dish or individual glasses.
Layer the Cashew Cream:
- Spread a layer of the cashew cream over the soaked cookies.
- Repeat the process, creating alternating layers of soaked cookies and cashew cream until you’ve used up all the ingredients. The top layer should be the cashew cream.
Chill and Dust:
- Cover the tiramisu with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
Dust and Serve:
- Just before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder using a fine-mesh sieve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, based on 1/8 of the recipe):
- Calories: ~350
- Total Fat: ~24g
- Saturated Fat: ~12g
- Carbohydrates: ~29g
- Fiber: ~2g
- Sugars: ~16g
- Protein: ~7g
- Sodium: ~20mg